This course is designed for those who have successfully completed the Foundations and Human Movement and Design Courses, and wish to take the principles of the Alexander Technique more deeply into their own work, lives, and teaching.
In this course you will learn about Alexander’s story, his discovery, and his teaching. You will also learn about the teachers he trained, and how the work has evolved, especially with new developments in neuroscience and behavior.
We will explore the three main principles of the work, how to apply and adapt them, and their supporting ideas and concepts, as described in FM Alexander’s writings, as well as the writing and teaching of others’.
Coaching sessions will be more demanding and specific to facilitate deeper fluency and lived experience. Participants will be asked to be scrupulous in their process, and helped to develop clear, constructive communication and inquiry. You will hone your observational and analytical skills, and deepen your confidence in your work with the technique.
READING & ASSIGNMENTS
* Read and discussion of The Use of the Self by FM Alexander
* Weekly email journal of your own work with the technique
* 15-minute Presentation on The Alexander Technique (Final Project)
OTHER COURSE COMPONENTS
* Two 30-minute individual coaching sessions with Kate
* Invitation to the Spring AT Intensive 4-Day Course with Kate in Santa Monica, CA ($1200 additional tuition)
* FB Discussion Group
* Email Support
This course includes a Certification of Completion for those who participate and fulfill the requirements of the course to the satisfaction of the instructor.
$795 paid monthly OR $2680 All-In-One Payment ($500 savings)